Our mission is to provide value to RMS members in their work related to forest management and research. This focuses on:
- Fostering leadership in forestry in Alberta.
- Technical sessions that provide competency and policy training for members.
- Networking opportunities at tech sessions, national meetings and student events.
- Liaison with student groups to introduce them to the profession and provide mentoring opportunities.
- Recognize significant contributions of members through CIF National Awards
- Taking full advantage of the resources and programs of the CIF National to provide value to members.
- Linking with related organizations working on forest management and research issues to provide optimum value for members.
- An example is a Memorandum of Understanding between the CIF-RMS and the Association of Alberta Forest Management Professionals where we will seek to jointly undertake activities such as technical sessions to support continuing competency, student co-operation and mentoring.